Tuesday 5 October 2010

Titles Ideas

I have started to design my title. For my Frist design i didn't have Photo shop on my home PC, Therefor i used the 'Paint' application. Firstly, I looked all over the web for design ideas and Fonts. I looked through many websites such as, http://www.1001freefonts.com/ and http://www.urbanfonts.com/.
But then i came across http://www.dafont.com/. This was much easier and faster. You simply select a font and write whatever it is you want to write. There was hundreds to choose from but this particular font caught my eye. I wasn't sure if it would be appropriate for my magazine but after much thought i choose to work on it.

This is my first design, I went for an 'Urban' look. I kept the letters and the star black as bright and vibrant coloring wouldn’t suite it. I choose this font as it blends well with the star. I didn't design the star to be anything exciting as i think it looks better and mixes well with the font.


For this design i went for a 'Stamp' look. As if a teacher has stamped a grade onto a students paper. i thought this would well suit the title,'A-star' as it is catchy and believable. The chose to use a font as stamp like as possible. i chose to use the colour red as it mixes in well with the style of the title.
For this design i tryed to make it look trendy and modern. i can imagine this as a good magazine title as it is big, bold and colourful. I used the colour red as it is bright and is suitable for the font.

No comments:

Post a Comment