Wednesday 13 October 2010

Front Cover Draft

Today I drew a draft of my magazine front cover and contents page. I used my research of other magazines to help me with the layout and what is most attractive to our age audience. I made the title of the magazine bold and eye catching to grasp the reader’s attention. Unlike my title ideas I decided to change around a few things like, I added an exclamation mark and moved the ‘A’ into the star.  I chose do decorate the page with flashy advertisements of what would be in the actual magazine such as ‘BANG’ this is just a replacement of what could be there. I wrote ‘bang’ as this particular subheading would have something special inside the magazine such as, prizes, vouchers, competitions Ect. Also I wrote some things that would draw the target audience to read it, E.g. ‘GOSSIP’, obviously on the actual magazine I wouldn’t write that, I would write the main subject of the gossip. This could include such things as; new teachers, facilities, or just general gossip within the students. The main picture I drew was the student in the centre of the page; I chose to draw a student as it is a student magazine but also because it is the biggest picture drawn and could be a focus for student buyers.
This is my draft of my contents page, like my front cover, I researched contents pages for a younger audience. There were several very impressive contents pages that I saw and will defiantly help me towards my final piece. For my draft I used the same title that’s on my front cover, joint with the word ‘contents’ preferably in a different font. I put all the sections into one area of the page as it helps the reader see everything inside the magazine. I wrote down 6 sections of the contents, however might well increase or decrease. I cleared a space for a photo maybe of a student. 

As this is only a draft i expect alot to change and improve.

1 comment:

  1. Good work Philip. Remember - you must include at least four photographs which must be varied in location (indoors, outdoors, different people doing different things) and camera shots (mid, two, close up, long shot) Take a few samples and then conduct a survey of what people prefer and why.

    ReplyDelete